Hmuifang hill is about 5000ft high above mean sea level. The hill range runs north to south and most of the western side is almost vertical and could be quite challenging for adventure tourists for Rock climbing.
One can reach Aizawl by daily flight from Kolkata/Guwahati and take three hours drive from Aizawl airport to Hmuifang Resort. One can either stay in the cottages or make shift tent available for hire.
1. Mountain Biking: Rent Bike from the Tourist Resort and follow any of the following Trails
a) Trail One:Biking to the hill top and Hmuifang/Chawilung /Sumsuih/Thiak village for amateurr
b) Trail Baktawng 6 hours biking required and on the way visit Mr Zion’s families who is having more than 50 wives
c) Trail Sialsuk : 8 hours Biking. First stop @ Sialsuk town and goto Ngei-ngei-tlang Romantic Spot and further down to River Changte and halt for lunch. Biking up and up to Damdiai and back to Hmuifang Resort.
d) Trail Lungleng 8 hours Bike to Lungleng village on way back to Aizawl
2. Walking Trail : Walk to nearby village and share experiences with shy villagers, if lucky the YMA can show you cultural dances. Nearby villages are –
- Hmuifang one km
- Sumsuih two km
- Chawilung five km
- Thiak six km
- Maubuang 10 km
- Sateek 20 km
- Baktawng 30 km
- Sialsuk 35 km
3. Bio-diversity trekking : One can explore flora and fauna and rare tropical insects and animals. This rare Redneck Keelback a non-venomous snake
can also be found around the Resort. For expert rare amphibians and lizards can also be seen. One has to be ready to to trek down to River Changte or small stream in the eastern valleys to have deeper exploration.
4. Home Stay : If you are anytarian you can join the villagers as guest but be ready to join their food habits. Could be interesting for those having strong palette
5. Volunteering : You can join “Biodiversity and Nature Conservation Network (BIOCONE)” an upcoming NGO based in Aizawl, involved in environmental protection and maintenance of Clean Mizoram.